Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mag-smile sa Buhay...


Dec 1,2008
God said, "Let there be an emoticon in the night sky". And there was a heavenly smiley. ^___^
I will always remember that date. Mama't papa ko pa nga excited na nagsabi sa akin. Pinagtetext ko nga agad lahat ng friends ko na tumingala sila sa langit. It was late in the news that I learned that both eyes of the smiley where actually planets, Venus and Jupiter. Cool ne? Imagine the probability of heavenly bodies forming a cute face! It seems like God is smiling down on us, sending us a short message of hope and happiness in the midst of problems the world is facing. Para bang pinapaalahanan tayo na minsan tumingin sa kalangitan at alalahanin na hindi sa mundo mahahanap ang tunay na kaligayahan, at meron pang paraan, pag-asa at dahilan para ngumiti, at siyempre si Lord yun! ^__^ Kaso sayang, nabitin ako. Pagkatapos ko magdinner nawala na siya. Naiimagine ko habang pinagmamasdan yun ay parang nasa coke commercial lang ako. Nyahahaha! Ngaun pa nangyari ito sa panahon pa naaadik ang mga tao sa emoticons. Astig! Perfect timing! Kaiba din ang sense of humor ni Lord! Yeah, bagong version ng "Smile and the world smiles back with you."

Btw, meet my 2008 buddies:

I used to call her Pocket Pussy when my bestfriend named her Kutiku. Kutiku!


Meet Sunny. Tawag ni papa sa kanya Smiley Moon or Bokalites. Haha! Together with Manaphy, my favorite rare pokemon. Never expecting to see one sa Pinas kaya di makapaniwalang nakakita sa department store ng Rob Imus. Himalang nagkadiscount pa. Thank U, Lord, nagdala ako ng extra cash at that time!


Chocochoco. I call him Baby Bear more often. I'm not really in to teddy bears but everything changed when I first saw him. He's the first teddy bear I fell in love with. Lagi ko siyang dinadalaw sa store para lang makita, malaro at mayakap, at umaasam-asam na walang bumili sa kanya. Sabi ko pa nga, "WaH! Panget ka, mas cute pa ibang teddy bear sa iyo, walang bibili sa iyo. Akin ka, bwahahaha!"


My nutty squirrel from Artikel and my super pink round bouncy pig from Chuckles and Doodles. Yeah, it's fun dribbling the pig on my bed.

How's things gotten recently. Well, things have gotten better in school. Everything's back to normal or rather things got even better. Yes, truly 2008 has been a stormy year for me, but when it revealed who and how truly wonderful my friends really are, through their words of support and concern, the efforts to make you smile and laugh, the sincere and honest remarks, the encouragement and advices that make you strong, and their loyalty, trust and assurance that you're never alone in the rain... that is truly a wonderful and lovely blessing in disguise for me.

And I am also thankful to God for my first OJT after the term. It was seemingly a bad day for me but I got to know Ma'am Sybil. I learned that she was once an Adventist then turned to Baptist. She has taught and explained to me what being a born-again Christian truly means. It doesn't mean switching religions, and is not even considered to be a type of religion (Born Agains just took its name). I learned that it's renewing and strengthening you're relationship with God as you enter a new light and life in Christ in serving him. Thanks to ate Sybil. Now I confirmed it, I'm really a born-again Christian. She also talked to me about salvation, revelations and bible verses. It reminded me of Kuya Joseph. I heard that he was really a good preacher and I wished I also have been with them when he taught the batch. I wish I too have their talent of sharing the gospel but I realized I can be more of a Christian in deeds rather that in words. I believe we do need more people who act and live as true Christians. It's just sad to see that some people are driven to lose their faith more due to proud overzealous preachers and followers who tend to spoil the true meaning of God's teachings. (Kumbaga parang mga Padre Damaso at Padre Salvi).

My best friend doesn't like religious preachings but I'm really happy to know that she happens to watch the same tv mass I am watching every Sunday. We both agree that Fr. Mario is one of the coolest and funniest priest we heard. When he speaks I learn a lot. He explains it well in a way Filipinos can relate to and he's not the type to make you want to sleep. Aside from him, I also like the Christian speaker, Bo Sanchez. He really can relate the teachings to the modern times and especially to the youth out there. I like his style of sharing the word of God. He's really fluent, straight to the point, lively, fun and cool. He's not baduy, boring, high, nor O.A. I agree that when preaching you must have a new creative style that can convince the people especially the youth. They need some strategy that will catch the attention of everybody, move their listeners, make them want to learn more, follow the right way and inspire them to love, understand and influence others, instead of making men turn their back bearing hatred upon men who do not follow their way of worship.

Sometimes jokes played on you can hurt. Sometimes you don't even know if they do it to make fun of you or there's a plan beyond that. It was because they made me fall in love with someone for three days. It was a foolish feeling. It was like living in a world where you alone knows not even the person you fell in love with. It was a scary feeling too. You lose yourself or rather your whole being, wasting time on thinking things that will definitely never come true. It even started to hurt coz you're being already emotional on what-if scenarios that will definitely never happen. You decide to give up all your dreams for a person whose real feelings you're unsure of and you sometimes forget what you really are here for (which is for me, definitely not a good thing). It was a foolish thing to fall for because on the first place the joke was never found out to be true -- and it was stupid of me to get carried away. It was sort of embarrassing and I know its not right. I prayed and begged God to take this feeling away from me and help me get over it. And I'm glad God is so wonderful to understand how I feel. Thank you Lord for protecting my feelings again... Asar, æ kasi yang mga yun eh! Lakas mangtrip! Hay, Tippie, wag magpapabola, wag maging utu-uto! Pero okay lang yun, hayaan ko nalang sila kung yun ang ikaliligaya nila. Anyway, liars go to hell, beh! *evil lol*

How's predefense... Duh, almost got rejected. Good thing, they didn't. They want us to add more in it coz they said our system is too easy and basic. So again... change the title. I just think it's unfair! They already know how to make a database while (heller!) we are still starting. We still have not enough knowledge on creating a system. What we're supposed to do in our thesis were not even taught in our previous subjects! We need a lot more time to self-study if we don't want to pay for additional expensive short courses and tutorials they want us to take. Its not even reasonable to say that weren't allowed to create a certain system anymore because it is already a common topic. Why do new students get to carry these burdens! Is it just because they want something new? The thing here is not to please the panel, but to provide a company system's particular needs. There are still companies that have no automated system and as future programmers it is our job to help them and get paid. Period!

How's vacation? Partly annoyed, because there are no video rental stores here in our vicinity anymore. Video City just closed first in Robinsons then next in Imus. Damn! It's the most affordable and way of watching original movies "without stealing" and they just suddenly closed without telling their customers beforehand! If I knew they'd do that I would have already rented every video they have. They suck! They will just drive people to depend more on video piracy. So foolish naman their move... I can't even download in my PC. I'm only on dial-up and the connection's slow for large megabytes. Good thing, I have friends who lend me a copy of movies. Oh, if I just have money and DSL then I would download all my favorite movies and anime episodes I can get on the net! Wait till I get a job, you... grrr...

I just became addicted to the game Insaniquarium Deluxe. You just feed the fish, upgrade your pet food, buy more pets, and protect them from alien predators. You get a free pet that can help you in the game after every level and you get to collect shells which will be used as currency for the virtual tank store. I finished the adventure mode so I can unlock all the pets in the aquarium and make my own personal virtual tank. I even tried the cheats so I can get more out of the game. ^__^ So now, everyday I can buy a new fish from the store and make it a screensaver. It's fun watching the weird and cute looking fishies swimming, eating, playing music and collecting shells.
My Virtual Tank


Oh and how's my Christmas? Well, always as simple as ever. Lots of sweets, staying with my family at home watching movies, cash and opening gifts. I like Ate Cris's bday gift for me - a stitched butterfly on the frame. When I saw that on her blog, I already wanted one. Sadly, you still have to purchase a charcoal painting in order to get it free. That's why I'm really really happy that I received one as a gift. It's so cute and beautiful! My mom also gave me hankerchiefs, money and a sandal keychain. My dad already gave me his gift months before, the book Twilight, haha! My ninong also gave me a new jacket, a hs musical3 diary and a cellphone holder. I just missed my best friend. She always visits me during Christmas vacation but she's been too busy in her nursing duties not even having a vacation. But I'm glad I have talked with all my old friends at the phone. Hearing their voices and stories makes me glad. I really miss having fun with them all.

I loved watching The Snow Queen on QTV11. Sayang lang at hinde ko nasubaybayan lahat ng episodes. It's really a beautiful classic anime based on a fairy tale. It's a story of a girl named Gerda who went on a journey to look for her bestfriend Kay who was taken by the Snow Queen. On her way, she met new friends whose lives she touched and changed. The story is beautiful and teaches about love, courage and friendship.
Kay and Gerda


Btw, Here's our newest wreath made by my mom. Just made of old flourescent light decorated with ribbons, balls and a Santa bear! Cool neh?


Naruto Shippudden is now showing Hidan and Kakuzu of Akatsuki. Creepy but SUGOI! Hihihi! I like that dynamic duo, parang mga ewan, hehe. Nakakaloka lalo na si Hidandansuy. Nakanang Shikamaru na yan, nagmamature na talaga! Lalo mo lang kaming pinapahanga, haha! Siya pala dreamboy ni Cindz, akala ko si L! ^__^ Teka paano naman me? joke, wehehe...

Btw, I just bought DVD of Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl) Season 1 from Comic Alley. Yes!!! Wahoo! I desperately wanted to watch that one.
Enma Ai


Oh no, no! We will already be starting our classes this Monday. Oh God, please help me! Please give me strength and a fighting spirit to hold on and keep on going. We will be having classes the whole day from 8am to 6pm and I don't know if my body can take it without much rest. And with thesis and OJT, I don't know if I can still have time to rest and study well. Oh, how can I even give myself a break?! Can I still make it to graduation? I don't care but @_@ Oh life's so demanding, so stressful. Why!? Oh just let it happen whatever happens. Come what may...

Ippen, shinde miru?
"How would you like to know what death is like?"

No comments: